Sunday, January 15, 2006

Sunday night


Today I wanted to share this sweet baby quilt that Nina made for my baby #2. We didn't know it would be Ian when she started it, but I think the colors work for a boy or a girl. She will have to explain how this pattern worked. All I remember is that she told me that you don't cut the threads between the chain stitched pieces until the top is all done. Does that make any sense? Maybe she can explain it better than that. Anyway, this was before we had our long-arm machine - so she started to hand quilt it! Because she loves me so much! After Ian was born, Nina mentions how slow the quilting is going and I tell her that my mom was looking for something to work on during the three weeks they stayed with us to help out. So my mom volunteered to finish the quilting. So now I (or more properly, Ian) has a quilt made by Nina and his Grams! I treasure this quilt.

I didn't get as much done as I had hoped to yesterday. I got one baby quilt quilted and another one about half done. I finished the second one this afternoon and started piecing the backing for the third. There is no school tomorrow but we have a busy day planned. We are moving Stacy into his new office space. Yeah! Now he can't complain that he has no where to work. And then at lunch time we have a birthday party for a little girl from church. I am hoping to get some more quilting done in the afternoon.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I am off to sew for a few minutes while the kids watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

3 comments:

  1. That is nice to have a quilt that Nina and Grams worked on!

    Hope you got some evening quilting done.

    Judy L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful story behind this quilt. No wonder it is so loved. Hope you got to quilt. I would have wound up watching Charlie with the kids...love that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the checks just make this sparkle!

    ReplyDelete