I feel like I have been missing in action all week. We have had a gospel meeting at church this week so that means all our evenings are occupied. That requires getting Maddie to get her homework done as soon as she walks in the door. That's always fun! We had two couples over for dinner on Thursday so I was running around all day, cleaning house and cooking. Finally Saturday is here! AAAHHHH! The kids are playing outside and hubby is working on the spec house next door. I have the house to myself! So far today I have sewn for three hours straight! And talked on the phone to everyone I know, including Nines! She is having a restful or spiteful time in West Virginia!! Which is it?
Let's get to the show and tell part, o.k.?
Quilt top #1 -
I keep finding 2 yard pieces of fabric that are very girlie prints. All I can figure out is that I bought them several years ago, intending to make DD dresses out of it, and then got over that idea! Now that I need to consider making her dresses again, she is too old for these prints! So they are getting made into baby quilts for, you guessed it, Project Linus! If I had been slightly more energetic, I would have fussy cut this fabric so I could center the little figures in the alternate blocks. But that would have wasted ALOT of fabric and would have been a pain to do. So this is what I ended up with. I like how the nine patches look like they are floating on the background fabric, kind of like I appliqued them onto the background. Yeah, right!
Here is a close-up of the fabric so you can see how cute it really is.
Quilt top # 2 -
I was getting a little tired of nine-patches, so I decided on some rail fence blocks, but I had so much of the floral fabric, I decided to do some alternate blocks. Not sure what I think of this one, but it is done! This floral fabric was also supposed to be a dress, I think.Quilt top #3:
I know I said I was tired of nine-patches, but I am entitled to change my mind! They came about because when I cut the rail fence blocks from the previous quilt I would have about 9 inches left over - the blocks were 11 inches. So I made them into 4 inch strips and then made the yellow/blue/yellow strips for the center. Again, I like the floating nine patch effect.