Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Yes, folks, I have sewn two days in a row!



After a month and and a half of absolutely NO sewing at all, I have spent about a half an hour sewing on each of the past two days! And yesterday I also got to drag a non-quilting friend into a quilt store in Montgomery. I was able to find the fabric for the purple and green quilt I posted about a few days ago. Yesterday in the mail I received my order from The Quilt Asylum , Susan's quilt store in Texas. I ordered several charm packs of Denyse Schmidt's new line of fabric called Katie Jump Rope. This fabric is what I am using for my new nephew's quilt.

This EQ5 drawing gives you the general idea for the quilt. I have got about 6 nine patches made and about 12 more sets of the single rows of the small squares. Did that make any sense? I am hoping to sew a little bit tomorrow. Then on Thursday I am off to the beach for four days - without my family!! Me and some girl friends are the house guests of a friend who is celebrating (mourning) her 40th birthday. Her husband was sweet enough to rent her a huge house on the beach for an entire week and is keeping the two kids at home. Us girl friends are coming in and out at various times this week. Fun for everyone!! OK - whose 40th is next summer? (Nope, not me!)


6 comments:

  1. Doesn't it feel great to sew after a long break? I'm dying to get back to my longarm...haven't been able to since my surgery. Enjoy the time at the beach, it sounds like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nephew's quilt is going to be adorable with the ds fabrics! Can't wait to see photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a blast at the beach! That sounds like so much fun!! Thanks for your etsy order - I hadn't made the connection that it was you! I'm so glad you left me a comment so I know my fabric went to a good home! :) I would love to see what you make with the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,
    Thank you so much for letting me know your received your print, I'm so thrilled you liked it :)
    Big hug,
    Geninne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I am glad that you got a chance to sew. It is so rewarding when you can. This quilt design is great. It is going to make a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you sewing. Love the pattern. WOW! Days at the beach without the family. Have a grand time!

    I'd love to be celebrating 40 next summer! :(

    ReplyDelete