Sunday, February 11, 2007

20 Yards of fabric


Do you know how much fabric will fit into a 11"x8.5"x5.5" box? One of the flat rate boxes from the post office. Let me tell you - it will hold about 20 yards of fabric. This came to me as a surprise - both good and bad. Good in that it means 20 yards is on its way to someone who will hopefully appreciate it and put it to good use it. Bad news in that such a little space holds that much fabric. That means that I have a whole lot more yardage in my stash than I had thought! I had better get busy!
I went through the stash this afternoon trying to pick out some fabric to mail to my aunt for her birthday. This aunt is my dad's only sister and the person who everyone says I look like. While I don't mind looking like her, I hope that I am as sweet and giving as she is. She has recently gotten into quilting. Her mom (my grandma that passed away a year ago) was a quilter. My aunt somehow got hooked on paper piecing. It is hard to pick out fabric for someone else. She recently had a new grand baby - Evie - so I picked out some things Aunt Faye could use for something cute for the baby.
Hope everyone has a great week!

7 comments:

  1. what a great idea, and a sweet gesture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That math really is scarey! So if I have three bookcases that are 7 foot tall and each bookcase has 5 shelves that are 3 foot long...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you're as generous as she in the effort you're taking with this gift. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you're as sweet and giving as your aunt! And, I know she will be thrilled with her box of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see what you're up to, you know. You think if you give all your fabric away, you will have reduced your stash and can buy more! One of those sneaky Waller women!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your right - 20 yards in that box - that is a bit scarey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you sooooooo much!!!! I love it. A lot of fabric fits in that little box! I can't wiat to get going on it. I took it to a bible study tonight at Connie and Al's so I could show Connie afterwards. She loves it too. We are going to quilt together.
    Love you
    Aunt Sissy

    ReplyDelete