Thursday, September 14, 2006

Don't give up on me yet!

I am still here and still stroll through the blog ring, but since I haven't got to sew in forever, there isn't much to post!



This fabric was given to me by Maddie's 1st grade teacher. Her aunt is a quilter and is downsizing from a house to a small townhouse and is clearing out her junk. You all should be proud - out of the several garbage bags of stuff she gave me I only kept two things. The other piece is about 5+ yards of some Marcus Brothers fabric. You can buy either piece from me over on ebay. The mystery is what this fabric was going to be used for. It is cotton fabric, cut on the bias (in 20 inch wide strips) and ends up being about 15 inches wide about 9 yards long. Any ideas where this was headed?

My parents are coming for a visit today - so I'd better get cleaning!


1 comment:

  1. what an odd width, and so long.... too long for a bias binding.... too wide for bias tubes... Could they have been intended for cutting into triangles and setting with so that the resulting edge was on grain??

    ReplyDelete